Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oats & Scotch cookies

Thats right my friends, I made some cookies and they were gooooood!! I started this recipe hunt with good intentions. Here was my train of thought(s):

"well, Im trying to watch what I eat so Ill look for something sugar free, possibly with no egg yolks..."

"Hm.. nothing looks good... what am I craving?'

"Oatmeal"

"What about a 'breakfast cookie'?"

"gross"

"mmmm.... butterscotch. Oatmeal and buterscotch"
And here we have the winning ticket that stole my heart tonight. 
and my stomach. 
and my ability to stand up straight or tighten my ab muscles.
BUTTERSCOTCH OATMEAL COOKIES


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1810,154187-238193,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 c. butter
1 3/4 c. firmly packed dark brown sugar
2 lg. eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. quick oats
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. water
1 c. butterscotch morsels
1 c. chopped nuts
Heat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla, flour, oats, soda and salt. Add alternately to creamed mixture. Stir in the morsels and nuts. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.

Make them.
Now. 

What are your favorite recipe sites?  A "go-to" site for me has always been cooks.com!

No comments: