Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Lacey Earring Holder


 I think I saw this idea like 72 years ago on someones blog, then I forgot about it, then I remembered it, then I couldnt find the exact tutorial that I wanted so I decided to wing it. I am sure you have probably seen this before but oh well. For all you non-crafters, this was a cinch.There are lots of tutorials out there.... THIS one was cute and practical too...

Pretty much all I did was get a cheap frame, get some cheap lace, found some ribbon at my house, and there you have it. ha. I tacked down the lace super tight before hot glueing the ribbon. You need to ribbon so the lace has something to grasp to. 

before you start, glue ribbon at the top, inside area of your frame for your studs or snappy back earrings...
 flip over your frame so its facing down..... lay the lace over the back
 Tac the lace in corners and middles and make sure its TIGHT.....


Then measure ribbon...remember, its ok if its not pretty. its the back.
I started with the top strip of ribbon.... in the MIDDLE and went out. As you glue with one hand, pull the lace tight with the other. So, I kept the tacs in place but still pulled it tight with my fingers, glued a 2-3 inch strip and then pressed the lace down.  ( PS make sure you have a way to hang this before starting... I put on two saw tooth hangers in the corners before hand.)

 on the bottom ribbon, you can leave some openings to hand necklaces around the frame, if you want...

then I just cut off the lace around the edges

I forgot to do the inside ribbon strip till I was finished with the back so I had to reinforce it with a middle piece.

Like I said, you can glue the lace to the inside area of the back of the frame, like where the piece of glass lays, just remember to put your ribbon piece down first. It depends on what you want. With the lace on the very back, the earring backs are pressed against the wall, maybe a little more secure but you have to slide them in at an angle. It was just the easiest way to glue to the back.  With the lace on the inside, you have more room between the wall to slide earrings in. I tripled up on my side strips of ribbon so there was more room between the wall and frame.... Do what you want.

There you have it!
 I love it. It took about 20 min. If its not perfect, I am sorry, just fix it. lol. I just thought I would share my latest masterpiece ;)

If you make one or know of a better way to do this, I would love to see it or hear from you!!

No comments: