Monday, February 14, 2011

Last Minute V-Day Treat

I needed to make a last minute V-day treat and came upon my mother-in-laws yummy recipe called Corny Pop Mix... Or something like that. I love it because it has sweet and salty all in one and I kid you not, I can finish an entire thing all by myself.

Find anything salty around your house (pretzels, cereal, ...)
Or you can use what we use...



2 bags of fritos (or one big bag)
1 big box of corn pops
2 bags popcorn
2 bags of white chips (not white chocolate)

Get two large mixing bowls.
Put one popped bag of popcorn in one and one in the other.
Put about 2/3 bag of fritos in one bowl and the same amount in the other
Put 1/3 corn pops in one bowl and same amount in the other.
Then melt one bag of chips on med-LOW (very important) and once it is liquid form, pour over "stuff" in one bowl. Mix well and pour onto wax paper to harden.

Do the same with the other bag into the second bowl.

I colored mine pink for Vday today :)
There you have it.
Put it in a big bowl for your get together and let them enjoy!
I promise you will have people looking at each piece wondering what is in it. ha!


 This is what happens when you melt the chips too fast or on too high of heat. It starts to solidify and then you cant ever melt it again.

This is what its supposed to look like :)



Be very careful. You will want to eat the entire batch.

I suggest NOT making this for someone else, during lunch time, while you are on a diet.
Im just sayin.

2 comments:

shamgirl52 said...

i love this idea!!! but how fattening is it? =( uggghhh

Kelsy Thomson said...

Looks good:) Can't wait to try it. Hope you and your lil guy are doing well!