Friday, December 17, 2010

Beautifully Historic

I cannot express how sad I am. When I heard the news about this beautifully historic building, I about cried. Not many would understand why I am so sad. I performed here many times. I sat in the benches hundreds of times and I (prentended) to conduct a choir of hundreds in this building. It stands on the corner in Provo, Utah. Which is a neighboring city to the one I grew up in for 9 years and the very city where I went to college and met Roger. Also the city where my parents met. And my sister and her husband. and many other LDS couples for that matter. Anyway, my friend put it perfectly when she said on her blog, "I'm sad my future children won't have the pleasure of attending its annual Christmas performances, but I'm sure they will have the pleasure of me telling and re-telling during visits to cougar town, 'When I was in school, there was a beautiful old building that stood on the corner riiiight over there.' "

The tabernacle was built in 1880 and now all that is left is the frame:

photos thanks to Heather Bliss Photography: www.heatherbliss.com heatherblissphotography.blogspot.com






No comments: